Pasta with tuna sauce


Well, this one is a delicious and fast made recipe and I own it to my sister's imagination. I prefer it hot, but you can cook it without much chilli powder…

Ingredients

500 grams / 17 oz pasta (any type)
500 ml /17 fl oz tomato juice
140 grams /5 oz canned tuna in water (or in oil) drained
240 grams /8.5 oz drained canned mushrooms
5 tablespoons of oil (4 for the sauce and 1 for the pasta)
3 teaspoon salt (1 for the sauce and 2 for the pasta)
½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 thin chopped garlic clove)
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of chilli powder (or 1 teaspoon if you prefer it hot), or boukovo, or Tabasco sauce.
A pinch of oregano

Method

Boil the pasta according to my “Pasta boiling secret

In a saucepan, heat well the oil and sauté the mushrooms until they get shrunk and red. Add the canned tuna, garlic, black pepper, chilli powder (or the other hot ingredient you got) and oregano. Continue sautéing the mix for 5 min, stirring. Add the tomato juice and the salt (1 teaspoon). Lower heat and simmer for 7- 9 min.

That’s all. Serve in deep plate with the sauce on top, chopsticks or fork…

Alternatives:

If you haven’t got tuna at home, you can use canned mackerel
If you haven’t got tomato juice at home you can use ketchup with water (300 ml ketchup + 200 ml water)

Another Pasta tip:

Although I know that you prefer spaghetti, I try to use pasta that has holes in it… (I mean rigatoni, penne rigate, bucatini etc) when I combine them with sauce. I do this because sauce, fills up the gaps of the pasta and turns them more delicious than they already are… Jim.

No comments:


The basic elements...
What you will need to cook easy



The Pasta Boiling Secret
The biggest tip for good pasta



Anything you shall need already exists in your Kit...
Don't worry about ingredients. You got everything at home



Pasta Inferna
My family's favourite hot recipe


 

The nexus of pipes on the net